Are you seeking to improve your well-being and your relationships? Seeking more career satisfaction? Want to break compulsive patterns? Or decrease stress and anxiety? Maybe you’d just like the company of men who are more open and willing to talk about challenges. You’ve come to the right place!
We invite you to join Mindful Men Practice Sessions. Season 1 was a great success! Season 2 begins on September 10 and will run on Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. for 6 weeks (on Zoom). Gain support on becoming more present and engaged with your own heartful joys, as well as with those you love.
This is an ongoing group and you can join anytime. In between seasons we will meet to continue to practice so this is a place where you can find ongoing support. We also have an outdoor sessions between seasons, the next one will occur on October 22. The seasons are just a chance to focus your attention on an aspect of mindfulness and a meditation technique. Over time you can find what fits you best.
- Learn basic principles on being mindful and present
- Learn and practice meditation techniques
- Gain access to our exclusive Facebook community for accountability, connection, and sharing of resources
- Join in our book club with a different book for each series
- Enjoy the presence of like minded men
Attend as you can, or attend all 6. There’s no pressure. You are in the exact right place for you to begin.
Mindful Men Practice Sessions | Season 2: Expanding Awareness in Close Relationships
Dates: September 10 – October 15
Book: Attached, by Amir Levin and Rachel Heller
Meditation Style: “Transcendental” Style Meditation
Each week we will do:
- Mindful Exploration Focus by LuAnn for Expanding Awareness in Close Relationships.
- Meditation Practice Technique: “Transencental” Style Meditation, led by Paul.
- Open space for questions, comments and discussion.
- Touch on a concept from “Attached,” by Amir Levine & Rachel Heller, and discuss in Episode 5. We will use this book as a tool for self-exploration and practice expanding awareness experientially through mindfulness and meditation techniques.
In Season 2 we’ll be expanding our awareness of patterns, emotions, and behaviors in close relationships (partners, parents, children, siblings and close friends). Our internal experience shows up in our words and behavior. In turn, our words and behavior are indicative of our internal experience. As we become more aware of our attachments styles, learned behaviors, insecurities, fears, desires…and how we communicate them, both implicitly and explicitly, we expand our capacity to make choices in relationships that foster more meaningful connections. The book, Attached, will help us to see our patterns more clearly. While the book focuses on love relationships, the patterns exist in all close relationships. We will be integrating both Western psychotherapeutic knowledge as well as Eastern healing practices to assist participants in gaining more peace, freedom and comfort in close relationships.
SEASON OUTLINE IS AS FOLLOWS:
- Episode 1: Sensing us and others and separate, yet connected entities + Transcendental style meditation vs. mindfulness meditation.
- Episode 2: Observing patterns of behavior + What is a mantra and is it useful to me?
- Episode 3: Letting go of what people think while accepting impact and influence + Restful awareness.
- Episode 4: Letting you be you and them be them + Effortlessness thinking.
- Episode 5: Book discussion + Letting go of deep stress.
- Episode 6: Honoring individual and relational journey and growth + Clearing perception.
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT MINDFUL MEN:
Donations are warmly welcomed here. During quarantine 80% of proceeds will go towards the food pantry at Our Lady Queen of Peace Church in Arlington, VA. The remaining will go towards overhead costs and outreach.
Our group is fit for those who identify as male and are over the age of 21. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or disability.
REGISTER HERE to receive the Zoom link and more information.